Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Studios Group (KWS) is a fast-growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market.
KWS is an international service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in, Europe, America, Asia, Australia. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, quality control and customer support services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
KWS is the word leader in the Localization services for the Video Games industry.
The Applications Development Program Manager is a key role in the production of software for the Localization Service Line. The development of software applications and platforms used for managing the production workflow, interfacing with corporate software platforms, optimizing production, fall under its responsibility.
Innovation is a significant part of the Video Game Localization business, in a context of a fast-paced industry. The Program Manager actively contributes to innovation by creating new solutions that adapt to evolving needs of production. Day to day operations require to interface to technical as well as non-technical staff located across the world, managing resources and expectations.
Its role is functional to the continuous innovation of the SL operations, enabling the creation of operational efficiencies.
Typical applications are web-based platforms providing service to thousands of internal/external users, including clients and vendors.
Experience in managing cross-functional software development projects, leadership in the development process with internal/external development teams are some of the skills required to fulfil the role in order to ensure that projects are completed on time, in budget, in scope and that the project objectives are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Applications Development Program Manager will manage software development projects during all phases of the project lifecycle (budgeting, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases) with an emphasis on communication to business owners, stakeholders and project team:
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation such as: budget, initiation, delivery plans.
- Present projects to upper management.
- Requirements management
- Risks identification and management
- Manage assigned internal and external resources as appropriate to the implementation of project related activities.
- Actively monitor, track, and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Manage System and Operational Acceptance testing
- Implement and facilitate change management within assigned projects: deployment planning, transition to live operation
- Develop and maintain a Communications Plan and keep the business and IT communities appraised of project plans and related implications
- Involve all stakeholders, technical or not, keeping a focus on production needs
- Manage testing.
- Post release, organize products support
- Training: Business and IT (as needed)
- Produce progress and other management reports.
- 3+ years overall software development experience
- 5+ years’ experience in software development project management
- Experience managing full projects lifecycle in international, distributed environments
- Basic experience managing Data Analytics projects
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field required.
- Competence in software development and software quality methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Prototype, Feature Driven)
- Advanced Business English is mandatory
- Ability to interview users and translate requirements into technical specifications
- Project management certificate is a plus.
- Advanced demonstrated project management skills, including creating and updating project plan and identify dependencies across multiple project or programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks under time constraints, within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to communicate project scope, status and issues with management and internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate with no technical stakeholders
- Advanced demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Advanced demonstrated organizational skills
- Can be flexible to adapt to changing business and technical environments
- Advanced leadership and team working skills