We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
The QA Tester is responsible for executing tests within an in-game environment across a variety of gaming platforms, providing detailed assessments and reporting on any defects uncovered.
QA Testers are expected to have a basic understanding of gaming and a familiarity with all modern gaming platforms (consoles, PC, mobile devices).
This is a contract position at $13/hr. Long term/ongoing contract.Located on-site in Redmond, Washington.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform functional testing in accordance with industry and/or propriety standards
- Ensure title functions as specified in game documentation
- Reproduce bugs and isolate contributing factors to identify risk and impact
- Log clear and descriptive bug reports in designated bug management system
- Perform regression on past issues to determine fixed vs. live defects
- Use testing related tools as required to assist with verification
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of VR Games
- Strong knowledge of the operation of VR hardware in peripherals
- Proactive and professional attitude
- Technically inclined
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to respond effectively to frequently changing priorities and requirements
- Familiarity with PC, console and mobile handset terminology
- Excellent eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Methodical and consistent approach to work
- Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office environments (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and work autonomously
- Flexible availability (morning and evening shift) highly preferred
- Passion for gaming and the games industry
- Previous experience with web, software, game or application QA
- Experience with various testing and diagnostic tools such as QXDM, W2Bi, FRAPs, LANforge, NEWT, etc.
- Understanding of PC, console and/or mobile handsets at an above-average level
- Familiarity with Database software (JIRA, Bugzilla, TestRail, etc.)