We are hiring contract Test Analyst for our client based in Menlo Park, California.
The Test Analyst must be capable of professional, clear communication with others and share test status and provide clarity on defect reports. Beyond just maintaining existing test cases, they are responsible for authoring new test cases as features are added and requirements change. As senior team members, TAIIs are expected to ramp up quickly on their teams, becoming experts in their areas of focus. As such, TAIIs prevent randomization of the engineering teams by reviewing the bugs reported in their areas to identify duplicates, asking bug creators for clarification when sufficient detail is not provided, and ensuring that bugs adhere to client bug reporting standards. TAIIs are also responsible for identifying test and process gaps and raising them to the leadership team.
Since this is a contract role, we cannot sponsor visas at this time or accept C2C candidates.
- Cross-functional interactions
- Feature bring-up with engineers
- ad-hoc requests from other teams
- Test case authoring
- Test run creation/assignment
- Bug review, de-duplicating, and triage
- Test status reporting
- Test case maintenance
- Add cases to an existing/established area
- edit existing cases for accuracy
- Review of bug reports from other team members
- Targeted ad-hoc of undocumented areas
- Test case execution
- Software and hardware bug investigation and reporting
- Bug fix verification
- Experience with test tools used for debugging or investigation, eg Visual Studio, gdb, Android Studio, etc.
- Ability to create clear, concise reports
- Ability to review logs to derive root-cause of bugs
- Ability to develop test cases and test plans
- Competency with command line tools
- Experience with commonly used bug-tracking software such as Jira, Bugzilla, Mantis, etc.
- Strong deductive reasoning
- Strong understanding of the software development process
- Ability to drive multiple features at the same time
- Ability to work completely independently in an environment of varying ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field preferred
- 6 years of experience in a QA or related role.
- Familiarity with different Windows OS (7, 8, 10)
- Familiarity with installing/uninstalling OS and Windows updates
- Understands and is comfortable with basic use of Regedit/registry changes
- Familiarity with graphics cards and their effect on graphics rendering
- Experience with PC Systems and Dash
- Understand GPU, CPU, Graphic card impacts on user experience
- Medical Benefits