Senior-Level Software Engineer
GameSim is looking for dedicated, hard-working software engineers. Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for developing prototype applications, implementing new features, as well as improving and maintaining existing code. A Senior Software Engineer should be able elicit feature requirements from customer, design new features, task other team members to implement them within schedule. Minimal internal management should be required for the engineer to ensure the job is completed on time and with high quality.
- 40% to 60% hands-on coding
- Working with customers and to understand customers needs and proudly delivering a great code
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Directly responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties
- Write technical design specifications
- Create and maintain modular interface components
- Profiles and optimizes software components
- Research and assess new techniques and technologies
- On-site gym (Orlando, FL)
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Sick time off
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Comfortable Working Environment
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!
GameSim products and services target the needs of the entertainment, modeling & simulation, and geospatial industries. GameSim engineers, designers, and artists maintain a customer-centric focus throughout the entire project lifecycle. Within the video game industry, GameSim provides full game development services to publishers or works as a co-developer for other studios. Within the modeling & simulation industry, GameSim primes contracts with the government, as well as subcontracting to partner companies. Finally, for the geospatial industry, GameSim develops visualizations and simulations for civil engineering, urban planning, situational awareness, and intelligence applications. GameSim’s geospatial terrain tool, Conform, is the fastest product on the market for importing and fusing geospatial datasets to produce high-quality visualizations of synthetic environments, which is used in each of GameSim’s targeted industries.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Must be able to design, test and debug own code without assistance from other Software Engineers
- Knowledge of C# is an asset.
Ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Several years of experience developing rendering systems and tools for AAA console and PC video games
- You are a talented self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives.
- You are creative, committed, and communicative
- Technical leadership, and/or mentoring experience
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
PTO, Dental, Vision, Medical, Onsite GYM