d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and we deliver truly ground-breaking projects for our A-list clients. We offer work-for-hire software development services to the technology sector, adding value to games, business software or apps. And as a successful and growing business based in Runcorn Cheshire we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both games and business software
- Ability and willingness to support junior programmers as required
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In a typical day this role would involve:
- looking at code reviews submitted by other team members
- rendering bugs with an OpenGL to DirectX port
- working on a memory allocator for a console title
- help junior coders working on other aspects of the title such as input, save games etc, and would be responsible for ensuring they had clear direction in the way they can tackle projects.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a programming position
- Experience shipping games or apps from inception to completion
- Fluent in multiple programming languages including C/C++
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Experienced and confident working on low-level code in areas such as physics, rendering, memory management, networking etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages
- Experience working with in-house or commercial game engines.