As part of Facilities Services, the Receptionist role performs an extensive array of administrative and clerical tasks related to front desk operations, assists the Facilities Services Supervisor with management duties of the site as needed and plays a crucial role in the organization of the first Impression.
The Receptionist has the responsibility of communicating and interacting with Studio management, company employees, guests, landlord representatives, clients, contractors and vendors as it relates to site needs and efficiencies. As such, this position requires excellent communication skills, a personal and friendly attitude and a strong desire to be helpful and provide an excellent customer service experience.
A skilled Receptionist will anticipate the needs of site managers and Studio Services team members while helping them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative challenges as they arise. They also assist in developing and seeing through to completion innovative work environment related programs.
The position requires flexibility in performing multiple tasks at a time with a wide degree of demands from multiple sources and may require adjusted shifts above 40 hours per week as needed to meet Facilities Services and customer requirements.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Promptly answers and handles all phone calls and messages (external/internal) in a professional manner; maintaining an appropriate sense of urgency when required.
- Promptly greet and assist all visitors and employees with a professional, positive, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Regularly prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails; send office-wide communications to employees.
- Provide professional administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to management and other support departments.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Ensure front desk tidiness and availability of all necessary office stationeries.
- Assists in developing programs and seeing them through to completion.
- Maintain an efficient system of communication between the Front Desk and other departments, with particular regard to guest’s arrivals and departures.
- Assist Facilities Supervisor in the management of studio security by following safety & security procedures and controlling access to the site via the Visitor Management System & electronic card key system.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Reconcile and submit expense reports.
- Handle employee’s requests, suggestions and complaints.
- Assist with new front desk hire orientations and onboarding duties.
- Assist in scheduling of meeting rooms as needed.
- Assist Facilities Coordinator, Supervisor, and Manager with various projects or tasks as needed.
- One (1) year minimum support clerk/administrative/customer service experience.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- Fully Bilingual French/English speaking and writing.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments while working in a stressful environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a variety of environments, people and needs.
- A friendly Team player, professional, easily accessible, with an approachable demeanor.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Dealing with stressful situations requiring sound and professional judgment.
- Proper interpretation and follow through of directives and task assignments in a timely matter from Facilities management both verbal and written.
- Ability to monitor and comprehend duties of vendors.
- Self-direction and the ability to work un-supervised.
- Must be able to arrive and leave work on time based on schedule provided by management and be able to work flexible hours and days.
- Professional appearance appropriate for contact with the public.
- Ability to learn new software systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) Google Drive and applications.
- First aid responder course is desirable
- Group insurance after 3 months
- 5 fully paid personal days per year
- Employee Assistance program available