Work with the Player Support Director, local Managers to support growth of the team, both locally and internationally.
Define financial objectives for the department in Montreal and reach goals set in accordance with the department director.
Developing and managing successful relationships with Keywords clients at senior, manager and director levels.
Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training local Project Managers.
Develop a strategy and vision for the department and the teams.
Inspire yourself and the team to always strive for and attain improvements and growth.
Embody and preach Keywords Studios, KWS Montreal and Keywords Montreal values.
Improve and develop services within Keywords Montreal and be responsible for client service delivery.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Proactively solve issues with the Project Managers and Manager before they impact projects.
- Track client relations and macro-project progress in conjunction with the PMs.
- With the help of the PMs and Leads, create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold regular status meetings focused on active departmental improvement with the PM team.
- Manage, lead and motivate the Project managers.
Training & Coaching
- Empower staff as much as possible and in an appropriate manner.
- Take charge of the professional development of the Project Managers.
- Instill a training, coaching and growth mentality within the department.
- Provide quarterly feedback to PMs, or more frequently as needed.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings accordingly.
- In conjunction with service development, help identify areas where training materials may need improvements.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with senior client personnel.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting local operations.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary.
- Delegate proposal efforts where appropriate.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Be able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Be able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Cross-sell services to clients where possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same.
- Track and manage project and clients macro KPIs.
- Track and manage local team and department KPIs.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to Director, PMs and Leads.
- Help and manage the creation and design of templates used by the global department.
- Manage macro resources planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the Production Support department.
- Report client and macro project statuses and information to director and management teams on a regular basis.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions issued by Human Resources.
- Manage most daily communications, like email.
- Review the local team’s variances and issues with Director and local Managers and manage their resolution.
- Primary point of contact for escalation of internal queries raised by or for the managers.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as necessary, including IT related issues and help tickets.
- In addition to the above, the employee is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of services and evaluation procedures in Player Support.
- Knowledge of customer service, user support or call centers.
- General understanding of services and commercial procedures revolving around video games (an asset).
- Understanding of various business and management concepts.
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols.
- Very strong emotional intelligence and awareness.
- Ability to understand one-self, others, and act accordingly for the attainment of set goals.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile, flexible and able to instill change.
- Skillful in conflict management and able to give constructive feedback.
- Results-driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of quantity and quality outputs and leads by example.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- IT literate.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other collaborative tools.
- Experience in customer service management, preferably in the video game industry.
- Knowledge using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools; Salesforce, Zendesk, Helpshif