Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, and Player Support. Working across all major platforms, for all video-game content creators, and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe, with its strongest presence in North America.
The Localization Project Manager will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional service, quality and cost efficiency on every project. Working with assigned client, managing client relationships and managing a broad spectrum of resources the LPM will be expected to deliver to both client and company’s requirements/targets.
He/she will be expected to develop and grow those client relationships whilst achieving/exceeding the expected margins by providing creative, industry, technical and tactical business solutions.
The LPM is expected to manage multiple localization projects of different sizes, genres, platforms for multiple clients simultaneously and ensure their profitable, quality delivery within the timeframe agreed with the client.The LPM is responsible for the profitable delivery of localization projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with sales, customer management and the client directly to understand the scope of and requirements of each project;
- Advise clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines;
- Estimate and plan projects from start to finish, with built-in contingencies.
- Work closely with clients’ Localisation Project manager on project specifications to understand their goals and expectations, and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to prevent issues;
- Develop effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for each project;
- Participate in regular internal meetings;
- Define the deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the project;
- Working with the Keywords Vendor Manager, ensure each of their projects are resourced effectively taking into account the best available resources and the costs of the resources;
- Manage internal and external resources in order to ensure that they perform according to the project instructions, client expectations and the company’s QA procedures;
- Monitor project processes (localization plan, post mortems, resources, submissions, etc.);
- Ensure Keywords QA process is followed and QA standards met;
- Make independent decisions on work methods to be used on projects, while following established standards and procedures of the department;
- Work with the company’s stakeholders to determine workflow and best processes to follow in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs;
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to continuously improve service and process under industry specific requirements;
- Work as part of Account team on specific Client Build good working relationships with all team members;
- Manage Project Finance via Plunet (Issue Freelancer Pos. maintain project details, issue customer Invoices);
- Ensure project data in the company’s information reports is accurate, updated and complete;
- Conduct project presentations and compile daily, weekly and monthly and ad hoc reports as appropriate;
- Escalate any material issues that arise on a project to the Localization Manager & COO and agree how to manage and communicate these with the client.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Localisation Project Manager either on client or Vendor side;
- Degree in Business, Translation, Computer Science or Games Development;
- Experience in the Games industry an advantage;
- Must be motivated and a team player;
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of PC and MS Office products is essential;
- Flexible towards working hours;
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of an additional language an advantage;
- Knowledge of MemoQ an advantage;
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.