Sperasoft is hiring to contribute to Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with their new Slipspace Engine, Halo Infinite was revealed at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it in new and unexpected directions.Lighting Artist creates realistic lighting in worlds, exteriors and interiors. He ensures that the Art Director’s vision for lighting and materials is realized. Lighting Artist is able to multi-task and communicate with colleagues within several different disciplines.
Being Lightning Artist for this project means:
- Creating the lighting for the level in accordance with the art direction;
- Designing or following lighting systems that support the atmosphere and gameplay effects; highlighting the work of other working units;
- Verifying the quality of the lighting when elements are imported into the game and making any necessary improvements;
- Optimizing the lighting effects to produce the best possible lighting, in keeping with the technical limitations of the engine;
- Fixing bugs related to the lighting;
- Communicating with other working units to look into the root causes of lighting issues;
- Understanding the external game design and art direction documents to become familiar with the challenges that will impact game lighting and being able to propose atmosphere and lighting ideas;
- Reproducing the selected moods and atmospheres in addition to light sources;
- Having the artistic director and technical director (or other related role both internal and external) validate the quality of the lighting and making any changes that are requested.
- Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines and development processes;
- Extensive experience in 3ds Max, and Photoshop;
- Solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, real-time and pre-rendering;
- Extensive knowledge of lighting, color and image composition;
- Originality and resourcefulness in coming up withsolutions;
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Ability to light characters and environments, interior & exterior, different times of day, etc.;
- Knowledge of other video game production working units;
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude;
- English level: upper-intermediate or higher.
Nice to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in shading, texture, special effects, image processing or any other relevant field;
- Experience with in-house game engines is a plus;
- Experience in photography is a plus;
- Ability to create concept art.
- Work in an international team for world’s leading AAA game co-development studio;
- Opportunity to contribute to popular titles by world-known publishers like EA, Ubisoft, 343, Riot games and others;
- Relocation program for new hires;
- Learning & Development opportunities – mentoring, lectures, participationin industry conferences and events;
- Medical Insurance package;
- Sensible flexible working hours;
- Breakfast, snacks and fruits available during the day, tea and coffee machines;
- Casual workplace environment in downtown St. Petersburg, including bicycle parking, gym, game and chill-out zones;
- Additional benefits: care bonus to cover health, educational and safety needs, three paid days without sick list a year, corporate parties and team buildings, referral bonuses and more;
- Potential business trips to Canada and the USA.