Snowed In Studios is a video game and interactive media development studio in Ottawa, Canada’s capital city. Founded by industry veterans, the studio produces original video game titles and custom software solutions for the video game, museum, advertising and mobile industries. The studio operates on staff-friendly policies, including: Health benefits, competitive compensation, flexible hours, generous time off, flat hierarchy, a quiet and productive office environment, personal development support/training and social outings.
- Supervise and manage tasks for team members.
- Take larger tasks and break them down into simpler tasks
- Coordinate with other departments (art, design) and company management
- Create production schedule and ensure team is hitting milestones
- Recruit talents for the team
- Participate actively to the development effort (Programming)
- Ensure code quality and consistency across the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar post-secondary degree/diploma
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++/C# and object-oriented programming
- Strong in Mathematics
- Good understanding of game development areas like AI, Gameplay, Physic and Networking.
- Strong profiling and debugging skills
- 6 years of software development experience with experience in game development
- Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity / Proprietary engines)
- Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with large codebases
- Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario