Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You’ll have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what helps us get repeat busness and grow through word of mouth.
Relocation package available in certain cases.
- Supervise and manage tasks for team members.
- Coordinate with other departments (art, design) and company management
- Create production schedules and ensure team is hitting milestones
- Participate actively in the development effort (Programming)
- Ensure code quality and consistency across the team
- Technical assessments and evaluations of potential projects
- Mentoring and helping to level up team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar post-secondary degree/diploma
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++/C# and object-oriented programming
- Strong mathematical background
- Good understanding of game development areas like AI, Gameplay, Physic and Networking.
- Strong profiling and debugging skills
- 6+ years of software development experience with experience in game development
- Experience with game engines (Unreal / Unity / Proprietary engines)
- Motivated self-starter who requires minimal supervision and takes ownership of tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with large code bases
- Current ability to work in Canada/Ontario
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction, flexible hours, generous vacations plus a week off over Christmas, work in one of Ottawa’s hippest neighborhood, Hintonburg and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.