d3t LTD, A GROWING GAMING AND BUSINESS INTEGRATION SOFTWARE SPECIALIST, HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ENTHUSIASTIC AND AMBITIOUS CORE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMER TO JOIN THEIR GROWING TEAM BASED IN RUNCORN. BE PREPARED TO BE CHALLENGED DAILY ON INCREDIBLY VARIED PROJECTS.
The first hour of your day might be spent looking at code reviews submitted by other team members. You could then spend the rest of the morning working on a new shader utilising self-shadowing for one of our projects. Before your lunch, you might submit your code for review. Your afternoon could be spent working on a different project you have on the go – helping to port a PC title to console. You could be involved with all aspects of this port, including networking, rendering, input, console OS etc. You’d be reporting to a more senior programmer who is on-hand to offer advice and help when you’re stuck.
- Confident and able to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- A can-do attitude
- An interest in both games and business software
- Hungry to learn and improve as a programmer
- Demonstrable programming ability in at least 1 programming language (C++/C#/Java/etc)
- A technical bias, with an interest in getting stuck-in to difficult problems every day
- Some demonstrable low-level experience working with rendering technology such as DirectX or OpenGL
- A working understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience developing rendering technology such as a shadowing, reflections, depth of field, etc.
- Experience working in multiple programming languages
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity