Presentation of the Company
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 27 offices across 16 countries and 3 continents. The organization employs over 3,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 40,000 art assets, 12 million words of audio, 155 million words translated, 1.5 million hours of testing and resolve 7 million customer support tickets. We work with 22 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2016.
KWS Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of services for the video game industry. Our studio includes some of the major brands in technical service to the global Video Game Industry, such as KWS Montréal, Alchemic-Dream and Babel. We work on a large variety of video games of all popular platforms and we are in partnership with the most notorious editors and video game developers such as Warner Bros, EA, Square Enix, 2K, and more!
Objective of the Position
- Representing IT department while addressing level 1 and 2 issues reported by Keywords employees, providing fast resolution to those issues while working on projects to implement new systems or to upgrade existing environment addressing those in person, email or by telephone in a prompt, professional and efficient manner
- Acting as the first point of contact to end users for all IT queries / issues, including but not limited to :
- Responding to incoming customer requests via Help Desk Tickets, phone, email and/or chat sessions, and walk-up inquiries.
- Troubleshoot end user issues with desktops, laptops and mobile equipment
- Managing, owning and being responsible for resolving all IT level 1 and 2 support issues;
- Managing priorities and ensure all issues and projects assigned are completed as per the timelines;
- Research and test new technologies/ solutions based on requirements to address future or immediate needs;
- Documentation of procedures and incidents;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Working knowledge of server computing, routing, firewalls, phone systems and patching;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Working 5 days a week with Shift/site rotation and on call rotation;
- Willing to participate in an ‘out of hours’ schedule;
- Willing to work additional hours as required to fulfill the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work;
- Customer service experience, skills and ability to handle pressure situations;
- Patient, personable, high energy, dependable, positive attitude;
- Desire to take ownership of issues – self-starter;
- Previous experience working in the Gaming industry is considered an advantage.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.