People that work at Keywords Studios are passionate, talented, committed and resourceful. Human talent is our most valuable resource and as a business, we thrive on diversity, celebrate uniqueness and work as teams whether we are physically together in one of our 50+ studios around the world or working together virtually. We provide a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
The HR Generalist is responsible for supporting employees in a wide variety of HR activities, including staffing and on-boarding, compensation and benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, company events, training and development, health and safety administration (OSHA and Workers’ Comp) policy interpretation and application, compliance of labor laws/regulatory requirements and HR/Payroll System transactions. Interfaces with Global HR staff on HR projects and implements new or revised policies, processes and programs and HR operations on day to day HR activities.
What Will You Do?
· Compliance – As part of the Keywords US HR team, assists with the development of policies, practices and procedures as it relates to Human Resources. Communicates and ensures compliance with established policies and procedures. Oversees all areas of Human Resources responsibilities to assure that all federal, state, and local regulations are complied with.
· Performance Management – Manages the performance review process for the assigned location(s). Monitors review activity to ensure that each step in the annual performance cycle is being completed on a timely basis. Coaches managers and supervisors on conducting meaningful goal setting, development and performance feedback discussions, assists with crafting a clear and defensible message to employees with performance related issues.
· Employee Relations – Maintains positive employee relations with the workforce; counsels, mentors, and problem solves with supervisors and associates on matters of discipline, motivation, compensation, development, or other factors affecting success on the job; responds to employee requests for information on benefits, policies, or employment matters. Keeps HR and entity leadership informed of situations that arise.
· HRIS Support – Supports HRIS system administration. Handles generation and processing of job and personal changes. Creates queries and ad hoc reports to provide data for a variety of audits, compensation planning, benefits billing, health and safety programs and related HR projects and activities. Support payroll department with requests and attendance submissions.
· Compensation & Benefits – Provides support to both employees and managers in compensation and benefits administration. Assists employees with benefits issues, mid-year changes, new employee benefits and related. Works closely with benefits manager to prepare for open enrollment, coordinating open enrollment materials, employee communications, updating the system and resolving any issues that might arise. Manages leave of absence, disability and FMLA administration.
· Employee Onboarding – Coordinates the orientation of new and reassigned employees, including review of employee handbook/policies, overview of processes and procedures, introduction to physical location/layout, health and safety and related. Ensures the documentation and maintenance of all employee personnel records.
· Employee Recognition – Manages a variety of projects and activities to support HR initiatives and employee relations/morale programs. This includes organizing and implementing
employee events and meetings, employee wellness programs and other company sponsored activities.
· Health & Safety – Assists with ensuring mandated safety programs, EEO/AAP and related are in compliance with regulations and guidelines. Supports OSHA safety compliance, including setting up mandatory training, upkeep of safety records and annual reporting. Ensures that entity is meeting requirements on posted information and materials, acquiring updates as needed.
· Performs other similar and related duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of progressive HR experience.
- must have experience in policy development and maintenance communication rollout
- Must have exceptional people skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels, as well as vendors and suppliers, in a professional and straightforward manner.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Able to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently. Must possess a thorough knowledge of administrative and office procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a team-based environment.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
- Must have solid business acumen and understanding of a variety of functional areas within the business. Must be able to balance needs of people within the framework of business needs of company.
Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)