Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 45 offices across 20 countries and 4 continents. The organisation employs over 5,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages. Each year, we produce over 80,000 art assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million words translated, 2.5 million hours of testing and resolve 16 million customer support tickets. We work with 24 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017. Keywords FQA is one of Keywords Studios brands offering Functional QA services.
KWS Katowice offers FQA, Localisation and Player Support services to our clients.
We are looking for a Functionality QA Manager to work with the QA Director, local Managers, Sales and the CCO to support growth of the team, both locally and internationally. Support the team and make decisions to insure successful project delivery within budget, time frame and quality scopes. Develop and manage successful relationships with KWS clients at a senior, manager and director levels. Manage, lead, motivate, coach and train local FQA Project Managers.
Personally, and inspire local team to, always strive for and attain improvements and growth. Embody and preach Keywords Studios values and KWS Katowice values. Improve and develop services within KWS Katowice and elsewhere.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Proactively solve issues with the FQA Project Managers and CQA Manager (Montreal) , before they impact the projects.
- Track client relations and macro-project progress in conjunction with the PMs.
- With the help of the PMs and Leads, create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold regular status meetings, focused on active departmental improvements, with the PM team.
- Manage, lead and motivate local FQA PMs and Leads.
- Empower staff as much as possible and appropriate.
- Take charge of the professional development of the FQA PMs.
- With the help of the other FQA PMs, mentor and train new FQA PMs & Leads.
- Instill a training, coaching and growth mentality within the department.
- Provide monthly positive and constructive performance feedback to FQA PMs & Leads.
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to FQA PMs & Leads, or more frequently as needed.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- In conjunction to service development, help identify areas where training material may need improvements.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with senior client personnel.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting local operations.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary.
- Delegate proposal efforts where appropriate.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Be able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Be able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Cross-sell services to clients where possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same.
- Conduct MBR, QBR and YBR when required.
- Track and manage project and client macro KPIs.
- Track and manage local team and department KPIs.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to Director, PMs and Leads.
- Help and manage the creation and design of templates used by the global department.
- Manage macro resources planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the Production Support department.
- Report client and macro project statuses and information to director and management team on a regular basis.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
- Manage most daily communications, like email.
- Review the local team’s variances and issues with Director and local Managers and manage their resolution.
- Primary escalation point of contact for internal queries raised by or for the local FQA PMs.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate, including IT related issues and help tickets.
- Unless within training or coaching measures or in critical delivery situations, the FQAM should not perform any tasks normally handled by a FQA PM, CQA Manager, Lead, Senior or Tester.
- In addition to the above, the employee is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Knowledge of Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes.
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes.
- Understanding of various business and management concepts.
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols.
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the QA process.
- Understanding of data driven systems to facilitate decision making.
- Very strong emotional intelligence and awareness.
- Ability to understand one-self, others, and act accordingly for the attainment of set goals.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Capacity to delegate effectively, including decision making where appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile, flexible and able to instill change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of quantity and quality outputs and leads by example.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.).
- IT literate.
- Fluent in English – written and verbal.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working within MS Office in general.
PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
Administratorem danych jest Sperasoft Poland Sp. z o.o. – Keywords Studios – z siedzibą ul. Na Kozłówce 27, 30-682 Kraków. Dane zbierane są dla potrzeb obecnej rekrutacji, a w przypadku wyrażenia przez Panią/Pana wyraźnej i dobrowolnej zgody także dla potrzeb przyszłych rekrutacji. Ma Pani/Pan prawo dostępu do treści swoich danych oraz ich poprawiania. Podanie danych w zakresie określonym przepisami ustawy z dnia 26 czerwca 1974 r. Kodeks pracy oraz aktów wykonawczych jest dobrowolne ale konieczne do przeprowadzenia rekrutacji. Podanie dodatkowych danych osobowych jest dobrowolne i wymaga Pani/Pana wyraźnej zgody.
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji prowadzonego przez Keywords Studios z siedzibą w Dublinie zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (t.j. Dz. U. z 2016 r., poz. 922)