Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc, listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords are an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Montreal, Dublin, London, Paris, Milan, New Delhi, Tokyo, Shanghai, Singapore, Pune, Rome, Barcelona, Brazil, Los Angeles, México and Seattle. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The Freelance Translator will translate game-related texts, ensuring that the Latam version conveys the meaning of the source material and is culturally and linguistically adapted for the Latin American Spanish speaking audience.
- Experience in digital content management
- Spanish native speaker, with excellent written command of the so-called Latin American Spanish (LAS or Latam) variety.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Good knowledge of usual localization constraints (length restrictions, placeholders and tags, gender, platform-specific terms, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAT tools, especially memoQ.
- Good knowledge of game genres, platforms and titles. Gamer factor is a plus.
- Good knowledge of current pop-culture references. Geek/Nerd factor is a plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Initiative and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and ability to work with tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Translating game-related texts, ensuring that the Latam version conveys the meaning of the source material and is culturally and linguistically adapted for the Latin American Spanish speaking audience.