Duration: 6 to 18 months
Location: Redmond, WA
We cannot sponsor visas or work with C2C candidates for these roles
We are hiring contract Firmware Engineers to create firmware running on embedded consumer electronics for our IT client in Redmond, WA.
You will have responsibilities including writing, debugging, and integrating new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line. You will also be reviewing board schematics and data sheets and enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems principle.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Experience and understanding of firmware design tools (IAR is a plus) and languages.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Experience with of standard protocols such as USB, I2C, MIPI, and/or wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems with I2C/SPI, USB and other interconnect bus.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product (Simple = Mouse or iPod shuffle) and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products: Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits