Established in 1998 and working in over 70 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Seattle, Montreal, Rome and many more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
Ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting process by supervising accounting technicians and validating entries.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Oversee accounting operations for Canadian subsidiaries
- Act as primary support for month-end financial activities
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounting technicians
- Assure timely and accurate recording of all transactions
- Manage invoicing process through coordination with production staff
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and investigate irregular transactions
- Coordinate with accounts receivable to collect significantly overdue accounts
- Coordinate with accounts payable to ensure invoices/payments are recorded/paid in a timely manner
- Approve invoices for accounts payable
- Review intercompany transactions monthly to ensure balances are aligned
- Record adjusting journal entries when necessary
- Coordinate with accounting system developers when enhancements are needed
- Collaborate with external auditors for year-end reporting
- Oversee all activities related to GST and QST compliance issues
- Maintain financial staff job results by coaching, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintain financial staff by recruiting, and training new employees
- Other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 5+ years of accounting experience required
- 1+ year employee management / supervision required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills ENG and FR
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- High attention to detail
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is required
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.