Our client uses a well renowned game engine to develop their video games that bring with it development challenges, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-performance product for our game developers. As a Development Support (QA Tester) for the game engine team, you will join with the team to test, track, and achieve quality targets for the specialized technologies within the engine.
Our client has thousands of users on their game engine worldwide so every defect you catch and every problem you prevent has wide, positive impacts. We use a range of methodologies from white box, grey box, and black box testing, and are looking for you to utilize the quality practices and uphold quality within our team. You will experience in-depth product designs, get to use the game engine editor to create unique test cases, execute test strategies for implementation and integration of technologies, and will identify defects as early as possible in the development cycle.
As part of an experienced cross-functional QA team you will collaborate with your QA partners to identify execute workflow, process, and automation improvements, and contribute to creative or technical solutions to the problems faced by the team. Along with testing, you will track data metrics and key performance indicators so that your partners can analyze, make data driven decisions, and measure the success of the choices made by the team. You will take lessons learned and apply them to your daily tasks.
- Experience with asset editors or experience using game engines (e.g. Photoshop, Unity, GameMaker, Maya, etc).
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to speak your voice and provide ideas in efficiency or usability.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to execute on test plans without constant supervision. Proactiveness is key.
- Basic proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, etc).
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Experience working with external and remote teams.
- Basic proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concept of version control).• Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).