Established in 1998 and working in over 70 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Seattle, Montreal, Rome and many more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
To develop and manage the Compliance department and Test Leads.
To coordinate processes and improvements for Compliance across departments and offices.
To support Certification Leads, Test Leads, and Testers performing compliance on projects.
To manage the compliance team’s work in terms of workflow, prioritizing, and assignment.
To prepare financial compliance elements of projects relating to evaluation and quoting.
Scope of Role
The successful candidate will manage and develop the Compliance departments throughout Keywords and make sure that the Compliance team in Montreal replies to and investigates queries, updates checklists to match the latest hardware manufacturers’ submission requirements and maintains Keywords’ knowledge base on platform-specific submission processes. The employee should have the skills and experience to train/mentor/answer/query/publish defects across all platforms. The candidate will also need to be able to help plan and evaluate compliance work for client evaluations and quotes. The key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences or workload fluctuations, and support to management as required.
- Compliance support for the whole Keywords group.
- Helping with training of compliance Testers, seniors and Leads. This includes training, reviewing tests, and updating training materials.
- Assess compliance scope for new projects and prepare estimates and quotes for clients.
- Advise other Project Managers, Leads and clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Define compliance test strategy in accordance with project schedule and budget requirements.
- Plan testing activities in order to maximize the use of specific resources (either specialized staff or test equipment).
- Assign roles and coordinate workflow within the compliance team.
- Communicate department software and hardware requirements to the FQAM.
- In conjunction with the other Project Managers, manage staff planning and ensure the correct and most efficient assignment of staff at all times.
- Ensure compliance documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately for all platforms.
- Follow correct processes or clearly communicate on any necessary deviations.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and communicate Compliance Test Leads’ and Testers performance records, including providing feedback and mentoring on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to and provide input into all KWS policies, processes and security.
- Oversee the submission feedback process.
- Ensure that submission feedbacks are completed, review them and ensure that actions required as a result are put in place.
- Maintain & publish Submission defect stats for the platform.
- Liaison with Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo.
- Any other task as deemed necessary by the employee’s line manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Relevant experience in a Project Management, QA supervision, or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Relevant experience in Compliance QA testing.
- Must possess ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work with multiple offices across varying time zones to meet Compliance support needs.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Ability to effectively manage a team and act as a role model to team members.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze problems, recommend and implement effective solutions to difficult and politically sensitive problems.
- Is a leader, capable of rallying teams to achieve common goals together and inspire success in others.
- Awareness of the bigger picture, considers the project, client, company, and team when making decisions.
- Actively approaches others for their ideas and suggestions.
- Resolves conflicts with tact and maturity.
- Provides team direction and clarity and timely, clear and actionable performance feedback.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Familiarity with Test Case Management and Bug Tracking and Reporting software.
- Experience with Test Tools across one or more platforms.
- Understanding of games development process.
- Understanding of QA and compliance testing process.
- Understanding of software submission requirements and process.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy within their role/team/department’s inputs/ outputs and takes steps to verify or implement this.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel and basic programming.
- Experience with working in an international environment.
- 4+ years of Game industry experience.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training such as PMP.
- Experience with Project Management tools such as MS Project.
- Bilingual French and English.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.