The French (Canada) Linguist Position will be based at our studio in Montreal. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services to the video games industry internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate, review and proofread texts in Canadian French to a high quality standard
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for Canadian French
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords customers.
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives.
- Training and teaching interns on a regular basis, supplying materials, creating and maintaining their schedules and acting on their behalf inside the department
- Support Vendor management on reviewing test translations
- Support the Testing Department on linguist standards and questions in your language
- Native Canadian French Speaker
- Exceptionally high proficiency with the English language
- Educational qualification in linguistics
- Experience as a Canadian French linguist
- Experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills both in Canadian French and English.
- Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Eligible to work in Canada
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees