Keywords Studios is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Montreal FQA Production team!
The Business Intelligence Analyst would be primarily responsible for developing, integrating and maintaining automated repor ing systems based on internal data models/databases in use by the various stages of production.
The end goal being: to analyze and track metrics both operationally and financially within the global Keyword’s operations framework. Additionally; they are to provide better operations and business agility via the building of self-service reports and or tools that can improve efficiency of current manual process.
The incumbent will also have to build and maintain strong working relationships internally, with various ancillary support groups such as Finance, Payroll, IT and Production Support services across the world. This person will need a high level of attention to detail, have great interpersonal skills, strong communication, a positive attitude and a positive affinity towards change.
They’ll need to be agile and adapt/learn quickly, and be able to work under pressure. An eagerness to want to improve and drive results is expected. The role is an integral part of our FQA Production team, which makes the responsibilities crucial to the period-end project delivery processes, monthly planning, and financial reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Implementation and integration of automated systems and reports for the department (time management systems, finance and forecasts systems/processes, payroll systems and/or other backend ancillary tools.);
- Generate in-depth Financial and Operational Automated reports on financial forecasts across sites; produce databases/data models and conduct analysis (daily weekly, monthly and yearly) using the company systems;
- Consulting on existing system improvement and investigating the possibility of implementing additional and/or new systems/tools;
- Analyse cross-departmental business processes with the aim to provide improvement recommendations for increased operational efficiency;
- Communicate complex data in high level terms through financial and operational data summary reports;
- Working with Senior Management to automate user processes leading to efficiency and cost savings;
- Use data, analysis and research to identify issues and improvement opportunities in operational processes;
- Build reports, analysis, and dashboards to flag and outline efficiency opportunities and execution.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excel Power-User, VBA and Data analysis background;
- BI data layer development for Power BI (or similar platform);
- Experience in Management Information Systems or equivalent experience;
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of business applications;
- Familiarity and /or experience with project source control tools, such as Git considered a plus;
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows considered a plus;
- At least 4 years of experience in a QA environment.
- Relevant BI / Reporting design and development with offline and online data repositories;
- Relevant experience in excel/macro tools programming;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server database and SQL query syntax;
- At least 2 years of experience with Power BI (or similar platform), preferred at least 4 years’ BI development;
- Experience with programming language(s) such as Visual Basic for Applications, Python, R and or similar;
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or matching relevant work experience;
- Bilingual – French and English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Accountable and responsible;
- Agile and flexible to change;
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions;
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Client-driven (where key project stakeholders are their “client”);
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure;
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to analyze complex, multi-office culture problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions;
- Ability to receive and act on critical feedback to improve workflows, processes and any other areas within scope of work;
- Team-player; Open to collaboration, positive attitude and solutions-driven.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.