Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with 45 offices across 20 countries and 4 continents.The organization employs over 5,000 people at peak times working in over 50 languages.Each year, we produce over 80,000 art assets, 21 million words of audio, 250 million words translated, 2.5 million hours of testing and resolve 16 million customer support tickets.We worked with 24 of the Top 25 games companies by revenue for 2017.Keywords FQA is one of Keywords Studios brands offering Functional QA services.
Work with the Growth FQA Director, and local Managers to support growth of FQA World Wide by creating a training regime that is relevant, timely and cost effective.Create and maintain a management training program provide soft skills and for Project Management skillsCreate and maintain a training program for FQA Executive Management, FQA Managers, Project Managers, Senior and Lead Testers.Create a training program on how to perform staff evaluations.Create a standardized entry training program and roll it out across all FQA sites worldwide.Understand the cultural differences within the KWS setup and reflect this within local training requirements.Provide support, documentation and potential costs to the Integration Manager for any new FQA studio or Acquisition KWS is performing.Support team and help make decisions to insure successful project delivery within budget, timeframe and quality scopes.Developing and managing successful relationships within FQA at manager and director levels.Embody and preach Keywords Studios values.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Proactively solve issues with FQA Managers, Integration Manager and the Growth Director before they impact a new studio roll out;
- Ensure timely delivery of documents requested by FQA or the Integration Manager;
- Ensure training programs worldwide are on track against agreed schedules;
- Hold regular status meetings with Growth Team management on training performance against targets;
- Find vendors to provide training modules where suitable internal resources do not exist;
- Empower staff as much as possible and appropriate;
- Take charge of the professional development of all FQA training staff worldwide;
- Instill a training, coaching and growth mentality within the department;
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback on all direct reports, or more frequently if required;
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately;
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees;
- This role does not have direct contact with clients;
- Track and manage KPIs of each training program;
- Schedule training modules with worldwide FQA Management;
- Create cost benefit analysis of training modules where appropriate;
- Create and monitor training ‘dashboard;
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources;
- Manage most daily communications, like email;
- Primary point of contact for FQA specific training queries;
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate;
- Create training proposals for FQA Management review;
- Create templates for training modules when required;
- Create vendor contracts and KPIs for externally delivered training modules.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Formal Project Management techniques or training (PMP, Agile, Scrum, etc.);
- Knowledge of Functionality QA and Certification testing services and processes;
- Understanding of all video game business services and processes an asset;
- Understanding of various business and management concepts;
- Understanding of change management and continuous improvements protocols;
- Understanding of risk management in the context of the QA process;
- Understanding of data driven systems to facilitate decision making;
- Previous experience of delivering training or university lecturing an advantage;
- Ability to understand one-self, others, and act accordingly for the attainment of set goals;
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities;
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback;
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success;
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of quantity and quality outputs and leads by example;
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure;
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently;
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports;
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry;
- Fluent in English – written and verbal.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest;
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience working within MS Office in general.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.