Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are also open to remote work options.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:30pm
We are a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Technical Designer is a bridge between Production, Artists, Programmers, and Development Teams to ensure the art content and features are easily integrated into the engine while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. Part of your role is to help develop processes that improve production workflows. You will work with other technical designers and report to the lead.
What would be the ideal candidate?
An Artist coming from a creative background but is also leaning towards engine work and is familiar with builds. This candidate would have prior Digital Art experience and understands pipeline and processes.
- Identify technical problems and propose solutions
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to provide an effective workflow for cinematic artists on a per project basis
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation
- Provide feedback to artists and external partners
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements (per project)
- Solve technical issues in the 3d asset pipeline
- Work with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Work with artists and programmers to create 3D art and making sure assets are integrated at its highest quality
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, within the video game industry with a focus on cinematics
- Experience within a game engine (Frostbite, Unreal, Unity)
- Experience producing outstanding cinematic assets
- Experience with game development frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with real-time workflows and the technical hurdles/limitations associated
- Experience developing custom tools for Digital content creation (DCC)
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, C#, C++)
- Free and confidential mental health services
- Company lead training
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors