Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The role of the Senior LQA Project Manager at Keywords International is to initiate, plan, execute, and finalize projects according to clients' requirements and within the project’s constraints (i.e. deadlines, quality and budget). The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated LQA PM’s in Keywords Studios HQ, working on a variety of projects for top gaming publishers.
The Senior LQA PM will manage administrative and operational elements of global Localization QA projects to assure successful completion and customer satisfaction while meeting company financial goals for the project.
This includes acquiring the necessary resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also oversee quality control and risk assessment throughout the project's life cycle and acts as a key customer interface.
- Gather specific customer requirements for each Client, ensuring every project has the correct resources required to be successful.
- Support Business Development team in Client presentations, proposals and meetings, adapting the work plan to the requirements of the Clients and Stakeholders, and giving detailed feedback with any necessary corrective actions/changes/improvements.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis, manage expectation and keep communication flowing at any time.
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to facilitate continuous improvement in service and processes under industry specific requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in quality assurance processes, project planning, resource forecasting, and performance/personnel issues to all project staff as well as supporting PM colleagues and LQA Management.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and initiate the appropriate recruitments with the TA Department if necessary during project cycle.
- Liaise and advise clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Liaise with the company’s Business Development Management in order to set up a quotation that will satisfy the needs of the client.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Project Execution and Control
- Implement and maintain project scheduling and resource allocation together with Team Lead and QA Management.
- Register, monitor, analyse and maintain project financials, including revenue recognition, budget forecasting and invoicing, deal with additional/unexpected costs and take corrective action in order to maximize efficiency and profitability and meeting or exceeding financial targets.
- Organizing weekly test team meetings to gain valuable knowledge of the project status/progress and to provide feedback/measures for occurring issues. Implement and maintain project scheduling and resource allocation together with Team Lead and QA Management.
- Design weekly testing reports that elaborate on the status of currently running projects, evaluate the team performance, track basic financial data and provide transparency for the top management on the daily business.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience as a Project Manager, specialising in Localization QA or similar.
- Direct work experience in a Localization QA capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution is a definite advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of project management software.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Proven highest standards of customer satisfaction, while being deadline driven.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience in the gaming industry a definite advantage with a good understanding of different platforms such as PlayStation 4+5, XBOX Series S, Nintendo Switch etc.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.