The Senior Planning Specialist is expected to be an expert in the departments’ procedures and to have extensive knowledge of all the other positions. The Senior Planning Specialist should be autonomous in his daily routine, as filling their Planning Specialist duties is always the main focus. The Planning team as well as the Planning Management need to be able to rely on his experience and knowledge to take the right decisions when needed. It is also the duty of the Senior Planning Specialist to spread their knowledge to the rest of the team and help the team. When the Planning Lead is unavailable, the Senior Planning Specialist is the first point of contact for the team. As the senior member of the team, it is important to lead by initiative and behave in accordance to the core of Keyword’s values.
The Senior Planning Specialist is expected to become the relay between the team and the Planning Management. When the workload requires it, the Test Lead can require the Senior Tester’s help for managerial tasks like training, evaluations, meetings, documentation creation or help on communications.
- Fulfill the main duty of their Planning Specialist assignment, either as a General Planner or as a Scheduler.
- Be an example for others.
- Have a good knowledge of the Planning processes.
- Train other Planning Specialist on processes and software use.
- Be able to replace or help for any Planning Specialist position.
- Monitor morale and motivation within the team.
- Filter, coordinate and/or handle queries received from Production or other Services.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize properly.
- Assist the Planning Lead with administrative tasks when needed.
- Escalate any issue to the Planning Management (either project, process related or employee related issues)
- Excellent time management skills.
- Approachable with great customer service skills.
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented.
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of Excel formulas.
- Understanding of the LQA and FQA departments.
- Comfortable with managing change.
- Sense of initiative and desire of accomplishment.
- Capacity to multi-task.
- Understanding of VBA.
- Passion for games.
- Past experience in administrative tasks.
- Past experience in employee management.