Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 6,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
This role is in a multilingual team focusing on translation of Games for a world leading Mobile Games Publisher into 16+ languages. This is a new position within the team. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of Content managing for English Games played by millions of players worldwide and will assist the Team Manager with all the daily project management tasks.
- Review the English source in all translation requests for references to western audiences.
- Give feedback to Game Leads on English source content.
- Curate detailed documentation for linguists, providing context to any western references.
- Gather subject references from the internet, to provide to the linguists if available (i.e. blogs, videos, definitions).
- Communicate with the client on references that need additional context.
- Review all English source requests to ensure their linguistic accuracy across multiple departments (Player Support, Game Content, and Marketing).
- Communicate with the client regularly on discrepancies found in the source text.
- Assist the team manager with all the daily project management tasks.
- Liaise with clients to understand their goals and expectations and anticipate/address client needs and concerns to prevent issues. Communicate professionally with the client.
- Manage internal and external resources in order to ensure that they perform according to the project instructions, client expectations and report directly to the Team Manager.
- Native level English speaker.
- Educational qualification in linguistics or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Deep knowledge of pop culture from 80s onwards is essential.
- A strong knowledge in current events from western countries focusing on American and European pop-culture.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy environment.
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Passionate about Games, all genres & platforms.
- Understanding of the Games development life cycle and how it applies to Localization.
- Experience with subtitling best practices, advantageous.
- Knowledge of Localization tools (CAT tools, CMS etc), advantageous.