Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
Our client's game franchise is one of the largest videogame entertainment franchises in the world. With over 50 million game copies sold, this multi-billion dollar franchise has revolutionized console gaming and established a new, rich and expansive universe for its devoted fans.
As they look to the future, the Ecosystem team is exploring new ways in which we can actively engage with their fans and create a healthy universe and ecosystem. They are the team responsible for the companion experiences for their games. They are looking for a software engineer to join their ranks and help create and ship new experiences to their fans.
Part of their vision is to build a scalable ecosystem platform that will support their franchise priorities and serve as a single connection point between their fans, and their communities and experiences. To support this initiative, they are investing deeply in their companion app and working on creating new experiences for their active players.
The team strives for continuous improvement with a focus on quality, performance and availability. They are constantly exploring the possibilities of new technologies and encourage team members to innovate. They work with all teams within the studio, including their internal services development team, their publishing team, their content creation and the community management team as well as several external partners.
The ideal person for this position has extensive experience with web development using React and Node.js. The candidate should have a passion for video games, elegant user interface design, and familiarity with consuming online services. You will need to work with Producers, Artists, Designers and game team developers to help deliver experiences that will delight users and change the shape of gaming as we know it.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) preferred
- Strong coding skills in React and Node.js
- Experience developing React Native applications
- Experience developing Azure services with a strong understanding of cloud service design and challenges
- Track record of designing and building highly scalable online services
- Self-driven, strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work cross-group and cross-discipline
- Passion for quality, usability and customer satisfaction
- A sci-fi FPS fan who plays the games and consumes their stories
- Previous work experience on service-driven AAA games or game platforms
- Previous work experience on interactive video or game-related apps
- Experience in creating ecosystem/game hub experiences to support video games
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits