Due to the COVID-19 situation we are also open to remote work options for the summer.
The Software Engineer in Test will be working closely with the internal team, shaping how we deliver efficient, predictive, and advanced systems and tools that support development and quality verification. The team acts as a liaison with key stakeholders across the organization to recommend solutions that enable teams to address their challenging needs.
As a SET, you will work collaboratively with the development and QA teams, ensuring that the delivered product is built with an automation first and “shift-left” testing strategy in mind. You will be expected to develop code that enables early verification of delivered code, provide support in heavy demand areas including post-launch support, live operations management, and assist in driving the QV strategy forward through development of industry standard automation scripts.
In this position, you will be able to provide technical insights and expertise to support comprehensive automated verification, contributing to a team that is comprised of problem-solvers and technologists. You will succeed in this role if you are independent, task-oriented, resourceful and innovative, being able to adapt to constant changes and can work with minimal supervision.
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• Professional software experience
- Typescript, React, and Node are nice to have.
- Automation testing using Webdriver.io, Selenium and other tools
• Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, RESTful and web browsers
• Understanding Software Development Life-Cycle processes (Object Oriented Design Principles, Agile SDLC, CI and CD)
• Experience with source control software and practices, including but not limited to:
- Practices: version control, source control, build systems
- Tools: Perforce, Git, Jenkins, Visual Studio
• Good database knowledge: MySQL, SQL, Elastic Stack
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional desired skills
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls and SSL
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment
• Experience with storage management, and hardware/software components of supporting systems
• Knowledge of test-driven development
• Strong planning skills – proactive in monitoring data structures for performance optimization
• Data analysis tools for discovering data patterns and correlations through statistical methodology
• Develop tools and systems supporting testing or development
• Able to define and write testing/automation requirements, ensuring completion regardless if the work is done internally or externally
• Test own work and provide defect free software/systems to customers
• Assist in setting the technical direction of the team, facilitating improvements to engineering workflows
• Write and present plans, delivering the right message to relevant stakeholders
• Continuous, front-line communication with all customers on team’s goals and strategy
• Able to negotiate with end-users on features, priorities, deliverables and timelines
- Advise customers on solutions
• Create and keep documentation up to date
- Full time benefits including health, dental, and vision
- Genuine, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Dog friendly environment