Pay Rate: $25-$35 hr
We are hiring a Device Test Engineer to perform ongoing testing services products for one of our consumer electronics clients based in Fort Collins, Colorado. As a test engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Manages small - medium projects and teams of technicians or test/development engineers
- Provides mentoring of Techs
- Operates as a Test Lead for Software/Firmware/Hardware
- Responsible for interfacing with Engineers regarding project direction
- May act as QE providing project test plans, managing project scheduling in the absence of QE
- Interfaces with teams to determine and create test plans based on new technologies pre NPI stage, requirements and improve test effectiveness
- Provides leadership, direction and strategy on technical issues to staff
- Responsible for overall project management providing timely, quality deliverables and status reporting
- Promotes strong communication
- Manages process improvement & maintains a good relationship with client
- Developing/evaluating test fixtures· Building host test platforms (Intel/AMD based PCs)
- Advanced trouble shooting and root cause analysis on VR HW
- Document all major chipsets and keep drivers up to date
- Maintain test software master installation images
- Review user manuals and report issues with formal analysis report
- Maintain and develop test procedures for supported VR products
- Debug expert:
- Characterize complex/difficult issues down to a minimal configuration, find a light switch, and identify max passing and min failing configurations.
- Maintain knowledge and documentation of known issues that have not been resolved. This is the category of issues we would expect to encounter multiple times.
- Documenting all aspects of the test configuration and test results · Work with the VR Technical Manager to identify holes in processes or tools that could limit the ability to meet future deliverables.· Process Improvements and Documentation· Create Excel spreadsheet templates, pivot tables and other methods to organize data, document processes and assist with process improvements· Maintain database(s) and submit data reports based on test procedure results· Generate test tracking sheets as necessary)
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word etc..)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills / written and verbal communication and presentation skills, team and project management skills including project structuring
- Strong business acumen & technical knowledge across multiple business units with an understanding of emerging trends Experience with the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience writing test cases and scenarios from requirements.
- Operational understanding of Android and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Have advanced troubleshooting skills ability to identify root cause and resolve issues in a timely manner.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits