Keywords Studios is a listed company with a strong track record of delivering to the expectations.
As the group grows, we are strengthening the organization of one of our key business lines: Localization.
This Business Controller internal role fits in our Localization Service Line (Loc SL).
The Business Controller manages the financial reporting, provides controllership and oversees the business and financial operations of the SL. It is a hands on, high visibility position, which collects data, performs financial analysis, develops financial planning processes and designs and implements overall business plans working closely with the Management of the service.
Key responsibilities and activities
- Understand business/economic/environmental drivers of Actual results versus Operating Plan and Forecast
- Ensure financial planning processes for revenue and direct expenses for the Service Line
- Strategically capture, carefully estimate and skilfully communicate business impacting events
- Acts as main interface with local and regional Finance Department for all requests related to Localization Service Line
- Manage & Support the SL revenue- and expense-reporting, ensuring control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of figures, analysis and comments
- Ensure all local, regional and corporate reporting for SL is completed accurately and on-time as directed
- Support the SL in pursuit financial targets through in-depth analysis and sharing of financial knowledge
- Actively ensure compliance with laws, policies and best practices
- Supports Finance Department in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly accounts
- Support the enhancement and compliance of Finance processes, standards and systems
- Acts as the Business Finance contact for SL Director, Managers and all Global Managerial Roles of SL
- Communicate, discuss and challenge financial impacts with SL Director and SL Managers
- Prepare and present at SL related meetings where financial input/commentary is required/requested
- Anticipate changes, seek better practices and contribute to the Service Line as a whole to be successful in its aims
- 4-5 years of previous experiences gained in a Business Finance department, preferable in multinational contest
- Bachelor (or higher degree) in Business Administration or Economics
- Fluent in English spoken and written, knowledge of Italian would be a plus
- Availability to travel worldwide (5%-10% of time)
- Flexible location, within European time zone or surrounding
Core Competencies Required
- Analytical Thinking: ability to formulate and understand business issues, situations or problems by breaking them down into smaller parts
- Data Interpretation: ability to extract value from data and present to Service Line Management
- Quality Awareness: focus on safeguarding and enhancing the quality of what we do in terms of accuracy, timeliness and consistent with policies, guidelines and best practices
- Flexibility: ability to live and act in a climate of change. Handle stress and demands in a calm thoughtful manner with the ability to prioritize, monitor and control operations
- Customer service: aim to exceed SL support requirements and expectations. Have strong customer focus, to create value for the supported SL
- Initiative and responsibility: willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipate changes
- IT skills: Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and in reporting/financial systems. The knowledge of Netsuite is welcome. Knowledge of BI systems principles