Keywords Studios continues to build world leading capabilities in services that video game and similar interactive content creators need. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients working as their external partner, providing access to our teams of experts where and when needed.
People that work at Keywords are passionate, talented, committed and resourceful. Human talent is our most valuable resource and as a business, we thrive on diversity, celebrate uniqueness and work as teams whether we are physically together in one of our 50+ studios around the world or working together virtually.
Keywords now have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Counsel to be a part of Dublin HQ Team. Initially based in our Dublin office, you are going to be a key member within the team, focusing on a wide variety of duties supporting and advising both commercial and corporate functions.
This exciting role that will give the successful individual the opportunity to influence and lead a critical element of our growing business taking us to the next level of our strategic growth plans.
- Give accurate and timely counsel on a variety of legal issue (labour, M&As, international ventures, corporate finance, licencing, etc)
- Advising executives within the company
- Partnering with Finance, HR and other Corporate functions in the delivery of best in class service;
- As part of M&A teams, assisting with the acquisition process, including negotiating, advising on and marking-up acquisition documentation with external parties and the drafting of ancillary acquisition documentation;
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Liaising with external parties such as accountancy and law firms;
- Researching and advising on regulatory and legal changes affecting the group including procedures for compliance;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Performing company secretarial duties;
- Providing training to the company on legal topics
- Qualified Lawyer (Solicitor/Barrister) with minimum of 2-3 years’ PQ experience, ideally in-house in an international company.
- Commercial and contract law experience.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements quickly and implement actions to meet business objectives.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to innovate and present creative solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English. (additional languages are an advantage)
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Solution focused problem solver;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Leadership and Decision Making and judgment;
- Networking and Relationship Building;
- Creative and innovative thinking;
- Development and ongoing learning;
- Research and analysis;
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Energy and stress management;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Accountability and dependability with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.