Work Location: Work From Home, remote
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Keywords Studios is looking to hire a Senior Sound Designer. They will work as part of the creative team responsible for crafting interactive audio experiences. Working closely with both internal and external audio team members, this person will be the quality owner for a designated area of the game will play a key role in helping develop cutting edge interactive audio experiences. The ideal candidate brings experience of constructing complex interactive audio experiences in commercially available middleware on a shipped title and has worked with on a project from early concept through to ship. This role involves combining an understanding of sound design, middleware integration, audio signal flow, creative problem solving and execution in a team-centric environment.
The day-to-day responsibilities involve:
- Audio quality owner for an area of the game.
- Able to both give and take direction and incorporate feedback.
- Sound design and integration of game ready assets using middleware and custom audio tools.
- Design and optimization of in-game interactive audio systems
- Tuning of in game parameters, DSP and delivering assets to creative and technical specifications.
- Mixing of in game audio to a creative brief
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries for themselves and others on the team in a fast-paced production environment.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians
- 3+ years of experience in interactive audio creation.
- Minimum 1 AAA or 2 indie titles shipped.
- Expert level experience of interactive audio integration and mixing techniques using middleware and/or game engines.
- Experience of processing sounds into game ready content using a DAW.
- Expert level understanding of audio signal flow, DSP and terminology.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with working in development builds and on development kits.
- Cultivated aesthetic sense and keen ear for detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in film/games or related field.
- Previous experience in a senior or lead audio role.
- Creative and technical skills in interactive game audio production using Fmod Studio.
- Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games.
- Understanding and knowledge of market trends and best practices.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits