Contract Length: 18 months
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
We are looking for an energetic, organized, and experienced Esports Competition Coordinator to work with existing internal teams and external partners to coordinate esports tournaments and live events with a high competitive integrity and player experience bar.
Additional responsibilities include player management, as well as working with the game development team to represent the needs of the competition community as well as our operations partners. This position demands a strong mix communications and organization skills, as well as esports industry experience. Successful candidates have a strong track record of esports administration, as well as a prior history of competing in esports.
- Support the administration and execution of live and online events and competitions.
- Collaborate with and help develop event support staff in tournament administration roles, including managing player communication channels.
- Support all pre and post event execution activities, including but not limited to: planning, research, rules review, materials creation, player communication, and event recaps.
- Support the formal documentation of Competition Operations processes, methods, and tools.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in competition equipment, relevant esports titles, and competition formats / structures.
- Support development of competition structure and rules for individual competitions and programs as a whole.
- Perform research and analysis related to competitive gaming, formats, leagues, platforms, and titles, applying key learnings to competition operations functions.
- Collaborate with external partners to support end-to-end tournament operations, including but not limited to: player registration and check in, communications, bracket management, schedule management, and general player experience.
- End-to-end Player communications and Relationship management.
- Serve as a key point of contact for administration, resolving disputes and solving for acute and broad problems as it relates to competition.
- Collect insights and feedback from the competitive community and represent the feedback with the development team.
- Collaborate with the game development team to incorporate competitive player feedback.
- 1-4 years of tournament or competition administration experience.
- Availability to occasionally work nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support live events.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with internal teams and external partners.
- Strong technical understanding, and preferably usage, of the Microsoft ecosystem including Windows, Office, Skype, Xbox and others.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits