Keywords Studios is looking for Spanish (LatAm) speaking Game Tester with excellent knowledge of English for our office in Katowice (Poland).
The Spanish Localization QA Tester will analyze in-game texts to validate grammar, syntax, spelling and proper location on a variety of different platforms to ensure compliance with all console and handheld manufacturers localized official terminologies. In addition, he/she will also review and perform exhaustive Spanish language tests to ensure text and audio respect the cultural aspects of a game’s local edition remains in context and is consistent throughout.
Main responsibilities will be the following:
- Verify linguistic accuracy in the Spanish (Latin American) version of the in-game text and check for typographical, grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Verify cosmetic integrity of in-game text and ensure that all text is correctly displayed.
- Verify the contextual consistency of in-game text.
- Assess cultural appropriateness and check politically sensitive content.
- Verify the correct implementation of the localized text.
- Ensure that the correct approved terminology is used throughout the game.
- Verify the correct functionality, within the localized version of the game.
- Verify testing results across all languages in test.
- Maintain a high level of focus throughout the project.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
- Run test-cases and checklists.
- Follow the documented processes at all stages of the testing process.
- Verify that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- File review/Correcting files: Proof-read and correct translations.
- Ensure that quality, accuracy and consistency is maintained throughout files/game/manual.
- Translation work: Occasionally provide Spanish in-house translations.
- Attend meetings with testing team, team lead and other interested parties, on a regular basis.
- Communicate through the appropriate channels.
- Provide daily status reports about the status of the project testing.
- Support lead by taking ownership of side tasks, such as daily report, bug vetting, coaching of new team members.
- Excellent spelling and grammar Spanish (LatAm) language.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Must be motivated and able to remain focused until project completion.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English and Spanish languages.
- Good PC knowledge and proficient knowledge of MS Office products are essential.
- Must be a team worker.
- Experience of Software Localization as a QA Tester is a definite advantage.
- University Degree, equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience in related field an advantage.
- Competent games player.
- Basic understanding of the development cycle and constraints.
- Flexible towards responsibilities and working hours.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Work on interesting projects.
- Possibility to grow within the gaming industry.
- Salary depending on your profile and experience, between 4400 PLN to 5700 PLN gross.
- Benefits package - private medical care & MultiSport card.
- Free parking spot.
- Free beverages & fresh fruits.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Chill-out zone with video games.
- Referral program.
- Company parties.
- Pleasant location in the business area “Green Park”.
Good luck and we look forward to meeting you!
Please send your CV in ENGLISH while applying for the position.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.