Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, and Player Support. Working across all major platforms, for all video-game content creators, and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe, with its strongest presence in North America.
Oversees FQA setup and operations occurring in the Seattle, St-Jerome and Mexico studios.Oversees FQA setup and operations to occur in new upcoming North America studios.Plan, organize and deliver for growth of current 350 people / 3 studios operation, into a 1,000+ people / 5+ studios one.
Accountable for all FQA studio operations under him/her, including P&L, quality of work, client relationships, and more.Work with the FQASL Director, FQA Managers, Studio Managers and Sales to grow teams, both locally and internationally.Support teams and make structural decisions to insure successful global deliveries.
Developing and managing successful relationships with Keywords clients at a senior level.Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training assigned FQA Managers.Personally, and inspire local team to, always strive for and attain improvements and growth.Embody and preach Keywords Studios and Keywords FQA values.
Improve and develop services within assigned studios and elsewhere, within the global KWFQA strategy.
Relocation package available.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Track client relations and macro-project progress in conjunction with the FQA Managers;
- With the help of the FQA Managers, create and implement any process changes/improvements accordingly;
- Manage, lead and motivate FQA Managers under you;
- Instill a training, coaching and growth mentality within your assigned team;
- Provide continuous positive and constructive performance feedback to your assigned FQA Managers;
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with senior client personnel;
- If needed, manage and lead client interactions and meetings;
- Responsible for top-tier client account management affecting global operations;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and encourage and grow own team to do the same;
- Track and manage studio and department macro KPIs, including budget-based studio P&L’s;
- Manage macro resources planning, recruitment and training in partnership with the various Studio Managers;
- Report studio and macro-client statuses and information to director and management teams on a regular basis;
- Review the assigned teams’ variances and issues with Directors and local Managers, and manage their resolution.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge and application of various business and management concepts;
- Knowledge and application of change management and continuous improvements protocols;
- Knowledge of a project cycle and a games’ development process;
- Strong proactivity, ownership, accountability and responsibility;
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities;
- Strong emotional intelligence and awareness;
- Relevant experience in a Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry;
- Knowledge and experience of accounting methodologies and ratios an asset;
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience. Master’s/Graduate degree an asset.
- The FQA Director is expected to travel to other studios, mainly assigned FQA studios, as well as to VIP clients’ locations and relevant conferences across the world;
- The FQA Director is expected to travel an average of 20% outside his habitual studio on a yearly basis, with monthly peaks of up to 50% of his/her time.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavor to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.