The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology, and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast-moving environments to remain lean and agile and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development, and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry-leading service lines every step of the way.
About Liquid Development
Liquid Development was founded in 2000 and is the largest outsourcing art studio in North America. We offer a fun and cooperative work atmosphere, where collaboration is encouraged among a diversely talented team to remain on the cutting edge of content creation. Everyday Liquid Development is producing work at the forefront of modern game production and the demands for our services continue to grow. Our team has contributed to AAA titles within the Halo, Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Call of Duty franchises - Liquid Development is the team these titles turn to when they need the best.
The technical animator/rigger will develop and maintain pipelines and tools for rigging and skinning characters in Maya. You will work as a key member of our animation team creating high-quality rigs and developing animation pipelines. The studio is currently work-from-home friendly due to COVID-19 pandemic. We would eventually be looking for remote team members to relocate to our lovely city of Portland once it is safe to do so.
This role is Temporarily due to COVID-19.
Please send your resume and reel/portfolio.
- Rigging and skinning of characters and props in Maya.
- Developing /maintaining pipelines and tools in Unreal, Unity, and proprietary engines
- MEL / Python scripting in Maya
- Working closely with the Animation Director to ensure QA and problem solve as needed.
Preferable Candidate has:
- 2+ years of experience working on the technical side of rigging/animation in games
- Experience in Maya scripting
- Rigging experience using Maya
- Animation experience using Maya
- Artistic eye for proper skin deformation
- Experience integrating assets into Unity / Unreal
- Familiarity with 3DS Max and Motion Builder
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities