Keywords Studios is a premier international service provider to the global video game industry and beyond. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services. By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In doing so, we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast-moving environments to remain lean and agile and to focus on creating and monetizing the most engaging experiences. We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry-leading service lines every step of the way.
This role will be 100% on-site. Please be aware of this when applying.
The office manager is as much people-person as a systems person, integral to cultivating company culture and steering the ship in the right direction. Often the face of the studio environment, he or she interacts with visitors, customers, clients, and employees at every level, every day. The office manager position demands stellar organization skills, efficiency, and a personable attitude. Day-to-day, this person ensures operations run smoothly by doing everything from handling phone calls, sending emails, overseeing supplies, juggling schedules, and whatever else it takes to keep the company and its people productive.
This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job's overall responsibilities.
- Manage studio and office facilities
- Organize maintenance companies to keep the offices and studios clean and safe while ensuring its appliances are in good working order
- Point person for mail, shipping, bills and errands
- Monitor/Manage office and studio supplies.
- Order supplies, furniture, subscriptions, appliances, and electronics as required
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all contracts are current, items are properly invoiced and paid on time
- Ensuring all health and safety policies are up to date and properly displayed
- Ensure guest and employee parking is properly maintained with signage welcoming all guests
Morale and people engagement management
- Organize and promote morale boosting activities, as well as any internal facing communications by coordinating with the global communications group.
- Organize induction of new employees & foster positive work environment
- Organize company events as applicable
- Collaborate with other department or studios as applicable to engage the KWLA team in group wide efforts
- Coordination with Finance on local follow ups
- Implement and maintain procedures/office administrative systems as required
- Coordinate with IT department on all office and studio equipment
- Coordinate with HR to maintain office policies
- Book transport and accommodations for visiting colleagues or talent
- Welcome talent, clients and colleagues to office upon arrival and during visit
- Lend support to the team as/when necessary for other special projects
- Misc. admin support
- The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, is flexible and able to handle anything that might come their way.
- A strong and reliable support to company operations, maintain and create procedures, communication, and safety.
- Achieve organizational efficiency, and nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
- Be an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats.
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, while working independently with little or no supervision.
- Well organized, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Able to handle confidential matters, understanding the various employment laws and regulations.
- Trustworthy and engaging attitude with the ability to transmit that energy
- Strong adherence to values of inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), as well as have technical aptitude for learning new tools on the job.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, payment and invoice processing
- Able to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, and time sensitive projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent.
- 2 years of previous experience at post house or studio a plus
- Bilingual English and another language a plus
- Gaming or Film, TV experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities