Jagex is a leading British video game developer and publisher best known for Runescape and Old School Runescape, two of the worlds most community-centric and successful massively multiplayer online role-playing games. Jagex create deep, meaningful and ever-evolving immersive experiences & inherently understand how to connect, engage and excite people through play. Jagex is as an expert in the field of living games those which grow and evolve over time.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Jagex has enjoyed five years of successive growth, almost doubling its staff in the last two years and generating revenue of more than £100million a year.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex is looking for a talented developer to play a key role in growing its Publishing Platform team. The team's goal is to build a best-in-class ecosystem for living games, providing services including account management, payments systems, core game services, distribution, live operations, testing and reporting.
- Develop and improve multiple React single-page applications
- Integrate with backend REST API
- Write clean code which follows best practices
- Maintain and improve existing codebase without _legacy code_
- Communicate, share knowledge with remote frontend developers and learn from them
- Experience using TypeScript
- Experience using React, styled-components (or any other CSS-in-JS library)
- Experience using any global state management library (e.g. Redux, MobX)
- Understanding of REST principles
- Good spoken and written English skills
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Webpack (Setup, optimizations)
- Experience with frontend unit testing
- Experience with Nodejs/Express.js
- Experience with Docker Experience with Electron
- Working with an international team of world class professionals on exciting and challenging projects
- Relocation program for new hires
- Learning & Development opportunities mentoring, lectures, participation at industry conferences and events
- Medical Insurance package
- Sensibly flexible working hours
- Breakfasts, snacks and fruits available during the day, tea and coffee machines
- Friendly team and a family-like environment
- Casual workplace environment in Krakow downtown including bicycle parking, game and chill-out zones
- Additional benefits care bonus to cover health, educational and safety needs, four paid days without sick list during a year, paid fitness club membership, corporate parties and team buildings and many more others