The BI Data Engineer will serve as a key driver in the continuous development and support of technical services, business improvement and performance management. The BI Data Engineer will work in multiple operational environments, as well as support daily online reporting activity while keeping business stakeholders informed and engaged on a daily basis. In this role, the BI Data Engineer will integrate with business partners of all levels in the field and the corporate office.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Establish technical roadmap, strategy, and frameworks as it relates to enterprise BI projects. Establish best practices and standards for documentation, testing, and deployment. Align technology with business roadmaps.
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Ensure compliance with security policies and practices in accordance with internal and external audit governing bodies
- Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data issues with the BI solutions and data integration processes
- Work with business users to establish reporting and analytic requirements.
- Translate business requirements into ETL and report specifications.
- Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries in support of business analytics.
- Develop and implement interactive analytic reports and dashboards.
- Provide technical and business knowledge support to the team.
- Ensure effective communication of user requirements.
- Provide training to team members and customers
- 3+ years’ experience with Power BI
- Proficiency with DAX and M languages
- 2-3 years’ experience with QlikView & QlikSense
- 3+ years’ experience with ETL tools like SSIS, Pentaho, Jaspersoft or equivalent tools.
- Strong SQL Server SQL skills and experience tuning queries, Working knowledge of data warehouse
- Fluency in English
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Statistical computing experience (R, Python)
- Exposure to building data pipelines utilizing technologies and frameworks (Python, Java, Spark/Databricks)
- Exposure to Azure Integration & Analytics Services (Logic Apps, Service Bus, Data Factory, Power BI Embedded, Databricks)
- Exposure with DevOps implementation practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time and stress management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Experience communicating with business users
- Good project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide solutions for business or data issues