Established in 1998 and working in over 70 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords are an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Seattle, Montreal, Rome and many more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The Korean Linguist Position will be based at our studio in Montreal. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate, review and proofread texts in Korean to a high quality standard
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and create guidelines for Korean
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks.
- Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality is delivered to Keywords customers.
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve goal of optimal translation quality
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives.
- Training and teaching interns on a regular basis, supplying materials, creating and maintaining their schedules and acting on their behalf inside the department
- Support Vendor management on reviewing test translations
- Support the Testing Department on linguist standards and questions in your language
- Native Korean speaker
- Educational qualification in linguistics
- Experience as a Korean linguist
- Experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills both in Korean and English.
- Passion for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Eligible to work in Canada