Work Location: Work From Home during pandemic
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Keywords Studios is looking to hire an Audio Technical Designer to help build and improve our AAA client's technical audio systems.
Your input and creativity will help shape the cutting edge audio systems that enable our team to deliver a world class audio experience. You will work closely with our sound designers and programmers to implement audio into the game, create new audio systems and refine our existing technology. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, who can contribute new ideas and collaborate on a diverse team.
- Work directly with Lead Audio Technical Designer to implement, test, and iterate on new audio features and technology
- Work with a team of sound designers and programmers to implement features that serve the needs of the sound designers
- Help deliver a quality audio experience by providing technical expertise and input
- Help support the audio team with technical needs and audio implementation requests
The day-to-day responsibilities involve:
- Audio quality owner for an area of the game.
- Able to both give and take direction and incorporate feedback.
- Sound design and integration of game ready assets using middleware and custom audio tools.
- Design and optimization of in-game interactive audio systems
- Tuning of in game parameters, DSP and delivering assets to creative and technical specifications.
- Mixing of in game audio to a creative brief
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries for themselves and others on the team in a fast-paced production environment.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians
- At least 3 years’ experience in game audio
- Experience with Wwise Game engine experience (Unreal, Unity, proprietary engine, etc.)
- Self-motivated, quick learner, able to investigate issues and find answers independently
- Collaborative team player who values contributing to others success
- Experience with technical audio implementation and optimization
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA, XML, or visual scripting tools
- Experience improving game engine tools, workflows, and systems
- Experience working on a first person shooter game
- Experience shipping a AAA game title
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits