We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
The Game Hardware Tester is responsible for quality assurance on new devices to help ensure the best version of those products make it in the hands of other gamers. Being able to identify, troubleshoot, and log detailed bugs for the dev team, and verify fixes have been adequately addressed are all key elements of this position. A lot of experience in traditional game software QA still applies to the needs of this position.
This position is On-Site in our Bothell, WA Office. There are no WFH options available.
This contract is temporary. Expected length of 2 Months.
- Responsible for testing a variety of games titles, audio and video media, peripherals and other hardware
- Enter test data into database application
- Perform reproduction of testing errors
- Perform ad-hoc game play
- Provide verbal and written feedback on the products under test
- Perform reproduction trials of issues based on the reproduction requirements
- Triage and document bugs and report to Test Lead
- Write up issues
- Set up and install software as needed
- Strong knowledge of the operation of gaming hardware and peripherals
- Able to work with little supervision, have a high level of organization skills, and adapt to a quickly changing test environment
- Excellent triage and defect writing skills
- Familiar with the gaming industry
- Be able to multitask and perform well in a high pressure situation
- Strong verbal and written communication
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law