Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are open to remote work options. But we prefer candidates local to Vancouver.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
We're looking for someone who is passionate about engineering ease of use and reducing friction by building a unified mobile game verification platform to serve the CI/CD needs of all our clients mobile game studios. You will focus on building a platform that can distribute and implement test activities and collect test results which are agnostic to the underlying frameworks. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing high quality software that has a direct impact on our game studios by streamlining the test lifecycle. You'll be part of the team building a modern cloud-integrated microservice-based platform that is developer to all mobile studios.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support.
- Develop responsive, resilient, scalable, and available web services.
- Integrate with cloud-based device farms through a flexible messaging and control layer.
- Develop a unified device interaction and control layer so that our platform can support both Android and iOS device types.
- Work on the application framework that includes building new and integrating existing backend services.
- Build applications in a Micro-services Architecture.
- Drive design and implementation of APIs and protocols that are consistent, formalized, and testable.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others' designs.
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA's shared automated frameworks and to understand the causes of engineering friction and drive fixes.
- Apply and improve service deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- You will report to head of central platform development
- 7+ Years of experience working with a modern object-oriented language (C#, Java, C++, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience working with RDB (SQL).
- 3+ years of shipping and supporting scalable web services hosted in the cloud.
- Experience with full-stack web app development, working on both back-end and frontend.
- Experience technically leading multiple medium to large complex projects.
- Experience with automation on mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- Experience building and deploying services with at least one cloud platform, like Amazon, Azure, Google.
- Experience overseeing large systems and features from design to deployment, including live service support.
- You have a solid foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, design patterns, test-driven development, CI/CD processes, and data structures.
- You understand SDLC, STLC processes, software testing best practices and testing methodologies.
- You have attention to software engineering best practices, ie testing, code reviews, documentation.
- You are passionate about high-quality execution and technical innovation/adaptation .
- You develop high-quality, testable software.
- You have a desire to work with other engineers and game developers to iteratively add features and improve APIs.
- You develop APIs for products that release new updates with zero downtime strategies and tools.\
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science Degree or related concentration, equivalent and/or combination of education and work experience.
- You have experience developing services that support mobile applications.
- You've developed for mobile platforms before.
- You've worked in the games industry before.
- You've deployed web services using Kubernetes and containerization.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors