We have an exciting opportunity for a Character Rigger to join the growing art team at d3t, an award winning premium games software company based in Cheshire. We are external development partners to major, high profile games industry clients and as a successful and growing business, we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Twice winning the GamesIndustry.Biz Best Places to Work, our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Build, skin, test and maintain rigs for characters, creatures & vehicles and work with the art/animation team to bring them to life.
- Build, skin, test and maintain facial set ups which may be sent to outside companies to create new motion capture data.
- Work closely with Tech Art to create and maintain tools for automation and refining the animation pipeline.
- Ability to work on both in game and cinematic rigs
- Use both commercial and in-house tools to integrate character rigs into the game pipeline.
- Report to the Lead Animator for tasks, revisions, training and creative ideas and take full ownership of all assigned tasks.
- Work alongside art leads to set the standard and to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and adheres to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions etc.
- Work closely with animators and tech art helping improve tools and practices.
- Adhere to schedules and promptly feedback any concerns regarding all aspects of the project.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training and mentor Juniors where required.
- Attend regular reviews of artwork and both give and receive feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the animation team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to demonstrate a variety of specific custom rigs through showreel and/or test.
- Experience in rigging and skinning in Maya and 3DS Max.
- Exceptional attention to detail, especially with regards to character deformations.
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics and kinesiology for humans and animals.
- Excellent knowledge of constrain, deformer and dynamics systems.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and ability to work interactively with artists to resolve challenges.
- Desirable to have skills in Python Script and/or Mel/Max Script.
- At least 2 years’ experience in rigging for games.
- Good understanding of various tools and game engines used in current gen development.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change and to take art direction effectively, understanding that amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current gen console game development processes, practices and terminology