Babel, a Keywords Studio is the leading international provider of outsourcing services to games and interactive entertainment industries.
Founded in 1999, the company is part of the renowned Keywords Group, an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry.
The company provides a complete outsourced testing and localization service for all Console, PC, Handheld and Mobile content, to many of the biggest names in games and interactive entertainment, working on thousands of titles including many of the best-selling titles of the past few years.
Babel India currently provides Functionality Games testing on PC, Console and mobile platforms services to leading Games Industry companies in Europe and North America.
It also provides project management services for translation services (called Localization project management).
- Manage, lead and motivate test teams.
- Plan, create and execute project QA strategies.
- Plan, create and execute project test plan & cases.
- Delegate test cases to test team directly, clearly and efficiently.
- Work with QA and Design team members for enhancing and providing assistance on various requests associated with enhancement to our Automation Framework
- Work with QA members to provide help/assistance on a per-need basis
- Work with the Design team to expedite Defect Fixes where required
- Proactively solve project issues with the test teams and Project Manager, before they impact the project.
- Make sure both the Project Manager and test teams are aware of project status.
- Monitor test strategy in accordance with project schedule and budget requirements.
- Administer and enforce the quality and consistency of bugs as required by Babel process.
- Constant monitoring and management of bug databases to insure quality and productivity are up to par.
- Expertly vet, assign and monitor bugs in the database.
- Set, monitor and achieve goals through the test team.
- Interact with testers face-to-face daily.
TRAINING & COACHING
- Provide daily positive and constructive performance feedback to testers and seniors.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- Provide monthly evaluation feedback to testers and at least quarterly evaluation feedback to seniors.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Professional, courteous and regular client contact at a QA level on all projects.
- Communicate important project related information directly to the client, including reports, test cases, bug dumps.
- Able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Coordinate with the Production Support department regarding staffing and tester allocation.
- Create build requests and deployment notifications.
- Monitor and maintain the Project Variance Report.
- Create 1st party submission feedback during the certification process.
- Conveys project status to Senior Management and/or customers via daily reports (end of day/round/project), e-mail, instant messaging and/or phone conferences.
- Ensure internal project-related knowledge bases are maintained.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
- Primary point of contact for QA specific questions and concerns raised by test teams.
- Responsible for the upkeep of Babel and hardware/software policy, process and security.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate, including IT related issues and help tickets.
- Conduct automation tester duties as and when required.
- Setting up and maintaining testing workspaces when required and out of PSSTs’ responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills and able to work independently and with automation test team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Resilient, Accountable and responsible.
- Listens actively, encourages and incorporates others input.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 5+ years of experience in testing, designing automation frameworks and automating testing for web and mobile applications
- Experience in testing web applications and mobile applications
- Experience with Selenium automation framework and Appium
- Experience with API automation a plus
- Knowledge of databases like Oracle, MySQL, etc
- Knowledge on cloud resources (AWS) and Rest API is a plus
- Knowledge in CI/CD set-up & Agile Process is a plus
- Must have around 2+ years of Successful team leading experience.
- Knowledge in version control systems such as git or bit-bucket is a must.
- Good knowledge in functional testing and test automation tools such as Quick Test Pro/UFT, Selenium (is a must) and Cucumber, Appium, TOSCA, Rest assured, SOAP UI. Certification on testing tools is a plus.
- Good knowledge of SDLC and Agile processes, testing methodology and different types of testing.
- Able to stay firm to ensure correct automation practice is followed.
- Stay abreast of latest Test Automation, Automation tools and frameworks also, with new trends, Open Source, Continuous Integration & Continuous Development (CI & CD)
- ISTQB certifications is an advantage
- Software testing Working experience in development of test strategy, test planning, manual & automation test development.
- Worked in an Agile development environment with experience testing either In-scrum or customer vertical use cases, executing cross functional workflows using API micro services
- Technical Experience identifying and working with Test Automation tools ex. Selenium, Cucumber, Silk test, Robot Framework etc.
- Experience with automation framework using Xcode with XCUITest and SwiftUI technologies
- Experience with automation framework using Flutter Integration with Visual Studio and Dart technologies
- Experience with Repository manager and Build management tools
- Working knowledge of Enterprise based network management software solutions in a Unix/Linux/VM/Cloud based environment.
- Understanding of Test and Defect Management tools.
- Experienced with mobile and PC hardware and software.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
- Experienced with platform specific Testing Tools (Steam, LanForge, Xbox Manager, PS Publishing tools, Xbox GUI).
- Automation Strategy Planning- Identification of Automation candidates
- Monitor the Automation runs for failures if any and report Defects for the failures in the automation run.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure Automation is implemented and maintained with Quality.
- Enhance test coverage including Robustness and Failure Path coverage.
- Promote re-use between existing Code base and new applications.