Keywords Studios Montréal is a flagship studio in the Keywords group, an international supplier of multiple industry-leading service lines including Art, Engineering, Audio, Functionality QA, Localization, Localization QA, and Player Support. Working across all major platforms, for all video-game content creators, and in over 50 different languages, Keywords Studios provides support and expertise for its clients across the globe, with its strongest presence in North America.
Assist the client and Keywords test team with building automation and other testing tools. Make the Keywords test team more effective and efficient. Apply and implement recommendations and asks to QA tools from the QA Lead.
Scope of Role
The job entails developing, creating, and executing automation for both the Keywords customer and Keywords test team as well as the development and creation of various testing and game engine tools at the request of the client or QA Lead. Execution of these tasks will take place in either the Keywords production facility or onsite with the customer. The QA Programmer is responsible for assisting to scope and define the feasibility, functionality, and timeframe of the requests and tools as necessary.
The key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences or workload fluctuations, and support to management as required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Building and using Map Check tools with the technical team;
- Work with the development team to define and build gyms to test against game features and functionality;
- Establish methods for rapid iteration Grey/White box testing on appropriate features and functionality;
- Find ways to use tools to automate procedures and checks;
- Work with the design team to tune balance and difficulty directly in the engine;
- Develop and monitor game metrics;
- Assist in building and maintaining DevOps procedures and tools;
- Assist the QA lead build testing tools as required by the test team;
- mplement and assisting manage game engine updates during development
- Unless within training or coaching measures or in critical delivery situations, the QA Programmer should not perform any tasks normally handled by a Lead, Senior or Tester.
- Stay up to date on QA best practices and key game development tech In addition to the above, the employee is expected to complete any other tasks within their skillset deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process. Understanding of Functionality QA and Compliance testing processes;
- Understanding of the 1st party submission requirements and certification process. Understanding of a bug’s life cycle and workflow within a defect tracking database.
- Relevant experience in a tools programmer or similar role in the Video Games or related industry. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience;
- Ability to learn new languages and tools quickly;
- IT literate;
- Experience with C++ and/or working in Blueprints beneficial Bilingual Preferred – French and English.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest;
- Experience with project source control tools, such as Git and Jenkins;
- Experience with development engines, such as Unreal, Unity, etc.;
- Advanced skills with MS Excel. Experience working within MS Office in general.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Accountable and responsible;
- Agile and flexible to change;
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions;
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines;
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Client-facing skills;
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure;
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions;
- Ability to receive and act on critical feedback to improve workflows, processes and any other areas within scope of work. Team-player; Open to collaboration, positive attitude and solutions-driven.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.