Based in Seven Dials tucked between Soho and Covent Garden, Liquid Violet is a stone’s throw away from London’s top TV, film and theatre talent. The studio space offers a creative, relaxed environment and respite from the city, featuring an interior awash with natural light. Our talent lies in a good eye for collaboration and a vision committed to refining the art of voice production and performance, drawing on our experience and expertise to deliver exceptional results. As well as an appreciation for great voice work, we have a unique focus on overcoming the creative and technical challenges that emerge when seemingly straightforward projects meet the real world. We pride ourselves in finding the best solution to a given situation. And we do that by remaining open in our production methods and continually learning to adapt what we know to what we do.
Our state-of-the-art studios are used to service the video games and media & entertainment markets.
The Studio Head will execute the business vision and strategy, oversee all company day-to-day operations and direct overall studio performance. The Studio Head will provide leadership and direction to the studio team in order to achieve the quality, productivity and profitability output expected within the framework set by the Service Line, Region, the Group and our clients MSAs & SOWs.
- Develop and execute the studio’s business strategy in order to attain the goals set by the business stakeholders
- Report on studio’s business strategy, monitoring its efficacy and progress, providing regular strategic advice and results to the business stakeholders
- Overall P&L responsibility and management, which will include assisting in the forecasting of income and direct costs on a monthly basis.
- Build and maintain strong work relationships with Keywords Studios Finance, IT, Sales, Marketing and HR teams
- Work alongside Audio Development and Media & Entertainment Service Line Director to build strong working relationships with other Keywords Studios wholly owned studios and external partners.
- Manage key personnel, client accounts and service providers as applicable.
- Maintain existing key client relationships and work alongside the Keyword Studios’ Service Lines and Biz Dev & Sales team to bring in new business to the studio.
- Manage and nurture internal resources - including the hiring and retention of personnel and freelancers
- Line manage selected members of staff and provide guidance and motivation to all members of staff to drive maximum performance.
- Maximise the utilisation of the studios whilst balancing the demands of audio development for games and the requirements of the rapidly increasing media & entertainment markets.
- Work alongside Studio Manager and Finance team to ensure smooth running of studio premises
- Work alongside marketing and PR lead to develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the wider community.
- Work alongside Studio Manager and HR to develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all statutory regulations and health and safety measures.
- Lead implementation of new initiatives to drive revenue and efficiency of operating costs, while maintaining high quality service to clients.
- Represent the company at major customers and professional associations, talent agencies and attend special events
- Establish a sound risk management strategy, analyse problematic situations and provide solutions to ensure company stability and growth.
- Act as the signatory for company official documents.
Required Skills & Ideal Profile
Liquid Violet is a high-end boutique audio recording and mixing facility comprised of highly skilled professionals set in a beautifully designed and purpose-built space in the heart of the London theatre district. The team has a true passion and heart for what they do. The curated experience the staff, the voice talent, the directors, engineers, production teams, clients, colleagues alike enjoy at Liquid Violet is unique. The ideal profile for this role will have a sharp creative sense of what ingredients come to produce such an experience and will want to not only preserve it but continue to build on it and ensure the team thrives on that journey.
The successful candidate will likely satisfy the majority of the following:
Have experience managing the voice production pipeline for video games and/or running a recording studio.
- Have experience managing and negotiating with acting talent and understanding the contractual obligations of talent for video games and linear media
- Have the ability to create pricing on an informed basis
- Have a proven track record of growing a specialised production team including driving process that is informed by an understanding of practicalities.
- Have an interest in the rapidly changing landscape of voice production in games and streaming media to inform vision and strategy for the studio
- Be technically minded with formal education or relevant experience in studio recording
- Be able to maintain the highest standards in editorial and content quality of all deliverables.
- Must be of entrepreneurial nature
- He/she must possess a solid experience in the media, gaming, entertainment industry