We are looking for a Localization Engineer to be part of our international team responsible for developing the technology supporting the Keywords Studios group videogames translation workflows.
The candidate would work in the Localization Engineering team assisting in technology rollouts, development of tools for production, daily support to Localization Project Managers, constant optimization of localization processes.
- Set up specific environments and tools for localization
- Collaboration on the design, implementation and documentation of new engineering processes
- Identify and extract localizable content from complex formats not suitable for translation
- Leverage strings from translation memories or legacy translations
- Convert final translated assets back to original formats
- Manage, reorganize and check text/audio file storage structures
- Automate asset transfer from and to customers portals
- Troubleshooting issues coming from production, originating from translation process
- Development of tools for production
- University degree in computer science or equivalent background
- At least 2 to 3 years experience in software development
- Knowledge of complex regular expressions: knowledge of complex text string processing is a plus
- Knowledge of multilingual localization issues and procedures (managing characters set and encoding, text direction, text strings sorting and handling) is welcome
- Knowledge of Machine Translation is a plus
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of Japanese is welcome
Behavioral Skills Required
- Good problem-solving skills combined with strong analytical abilities to find creative solutions
- Team player
- Strong time management, organizational and support skills
- Strongly service oriented, to support the internal customer efficiently and comply with strict deadlines set by external customers, which require quick turnaround and often cannot be postponed
- Flexible towards working hours
- Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, occupational accident insurance etc.
- Commuting costs are covered up 30.000 JPY per month
- Internal events
- Full weekly two-day system (Saturday and Sunday)
- Public holiday
- Annual paid leave
- End of year holiday
- Congratulations and condolences holiday etc.