The In-house Linguist role will be based in our Barcelona office. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team focusing on games translation. We are passionate about providing high quality translations to our clients. You will be part of that, translating world-renowned mobile and social games titles.
Duties and responsabilities
- Translate, review & proofread content from English into Target Language to a high-quality standard.
- Create, review and maintain style guides, glossaries and translation memories.
- Fix linguistic bugs reported by the testing team.
- Provide support to Project Managers and linguistic feedback to other internal linguists & freelancers.
- Assist with Review Reports and QA reports as needed
- Manage own schedule and schedules of interns
What we are looking for
- Native speaker of target language.
- 2+ years’ experience as an in-house video games linguist or freelancer.
- Passion for the video game industry. Experience playing all game genres.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both target language and English.
- Self-motivation and ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Experience working with CAT tools is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to mentor interns and junior linguists.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Visa for working in Spain